6.25.2014

WiW.... Back to Basics

 

Well here it is 


I am actually down a pound :) and that included going to the beach, happy hour with the hubs, and a family BBQ so that is why I have decided to get back to basics.

I have finally decided to eff all this bullshit and get back to what I was doing when I first started.  I am so tired of toying with the same 5-10 pounds for the last year.  I don't know if it is a mental block or a keeping up with the Jones thing.. .  I know you thinking what the heck who is the freaking Jones's in this rant??


Let  me explain.  

When I started this blog it was for me and my weight loss journey.  I did my own thing to get the weight off (basically moving my ass and eating healthy foods and less of it). I didn't worry about macros, Carbs or protein I didn't worry about what the new "exercise" fad was, I just did what felt good and worked with my life.

Then I started reading about other people doing this or that and the other and getting these great results (and more readers) . So I would hop on the band wagon, so many wagons, and if I didn't see fast enough results or ones similar to "them" I would go on to the next thing.  

Turns out that doesn't work, at least not for me.  I'm sure it worked for them because they stuck to it and I kinda felt like I was falling back into my old ways of looking for a quick fix.  Even though it was a healthy one I never really seemed to give it my all, it was mostly to stay on "trend" with all the other bloggers... 
That was my bad, and pretty dumb.  I'm not here to become a big time blogger (though I wouldn't stop it if it happened haha) I'm here to lose weight, be healthy, and a role model to my girls.  If any one else likes what I do and wants to read about it and find motivation from it that is just the cherry on top!

Believe me I want to be motivating and hope that someone out there reading this will say "hey she is a regular person and can do it so can I" because that's what happened with me.  But I need to be true and do what I do and not worry about trends, or looking the part.  I need to BE the part.

So I'm going back to basics,  simple easy meal planning, watching my portions, and moving my butt err damn day.  

Speaking of, here was yesterday's workout 
30 min on the elliptical alternating between ramp incline 5/10 resistance 2/10
10 min on the rowing machine
10 min treadmill 24% incline 3.0 mph (and boy is my booty feeling it today)
9 min cool down at 9% incline 2.0 mph 

Thanks for listening to me and my craziness :) 

Linking up with the Blond Bombshell herself  Liz at Fitness Blondie and Ash and the girls for WIW. 

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/25/2014

    i'm on the "back to basics" plan too. the trendy stuff just doesn't work for me either. congrats on losing a pound and still having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am "trying" to go back to basics too! and I so know the feeling of having to toy the same few pounds around, it gets frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great for you that you figured it out! Good luck and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! And htat was a great workout too. And, I think the back to basics plans really does cover the really important stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple is sometimes best! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. This journey for me is all about finding my own way. I am learning to list others ideas, but ultimately I have to find things that work for me. Congrats on choosing to listen to your inner wisdom :)

    Leslie
    www.weight4baby.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love to read them and I respond to every one. If you have not gotten a response it is probably because you are a "no-reply" blogger and I am unable too.

You can fix it by going to your BLOGGER ACCOUNTS then click on your Dashboard, go to EDIT PROFILE and check mark SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, Then click save settings. This will allow you to get return comments :)

Popular Posts