10.29.2012

Liebster Award

So Bailey over at Bailey's Blog! and Eva from If Someone Else Did It on Their Own Merit So Can I!  (check them out they are awesome sauce)  nominated me for the Liebster Award WOW I'm so touched. Thanks Bunches :)



The Libster is an award where you nominate bloggers that you enjoy reading. It's an award for bloggers with less than 200 followers, but who (in the person who nominates yous opinion) deserve way more! :) (Stole the description from Bailey )

  Here is how it works:
Once you're nominated, write 11 facts about yourself
Then take a look at the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked and answer them
 Get your thinking cap on and come up with 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer
 Then choose the 11 bloggers you want to nominate (they must have less than 200 followers)
 Let them know they've been nominated and remember there's no tag backs, i.e. you can't nominate the person who nominated you. 


So since I was nominated twice (can you feel the love) I will just write the 11 facts about myself then answer both sets of Questions so you'll know more about me than you ever wanted to know.

11 things about me:

1. I am a Disney Freak, we have Disneyland passes and go at least 2-5 times a month.

2. My "Day" job is a Pre-School Teacher but I also do photography on the side (I have shot 10 weddings to date)

3. She's Crafty!  I love doing anything crafty from baking, to sewing, to accessory design.

4. I commute 1 to 1.5 hrs. each way to work.

5. I am first generation American (on my dad's side, Mexico) and second (on my mom's side, Norway)

6. I love to read any and everything.

7. I have NEVER lived alone.

8. I'm afraid of ghosts (maybe why I've never lived alone)

9.  I like to listen to talk radio.

10.  I have 4 pet box turtles. Jack and Sally who had Oogie & Boogie.

11.  I have 6 tattoos.


Bailey's Questions:

1. What is your favorite exercise?  Running and Aqua Aerobics

2. Who is your fitness idol? My good friend Erin (the running god lol)

3. What is the coolest thing that you've seen this week? Ok I so don't want to or mean to offend anyone cause I am so not political but I just saw a Gangnam Style parody of Mitt Romney that was hysterical!!

4. What's your favorite type of volunteering? Unfortunately I don't have as much time to do everything I would like but I do try to squeeze in time to help in my younger daughters Kindergarten classroom, and when the teenager was in school I loved helping with the Colorguard (I even chaperoned a few trips, Vegas and Orlando, with 15-30 high schoolers) yikes!

5. What are you going to be for Halloween?  A butterfly (it has to be something non-scary for work don't want to scare the kiddos)

6. If you have $500 to spend on workout/fitness stuff, what would you get? First thing would be a Garmin Forerunner (I'm still just using the Nike+ app on my phone) then maybe another pair of "magic shoes" AKA Nike Pegasus 29

7. What is your biggest milestone? Well though it hasn't really happened yet it will soon... I signed up for the Surf City Half Marathon so I am now officially training!

8. What is your next big goal?  LOL to finish the Half Marathon

9. Do you travel? If so, where? I live in beautiful Southern California and anything you want is very close (an hour or so away) but my family and I love to travel to Mexico, Northern California, and go often to Arizona (our best friends live there).

10. Do you like to read? If so, what's the last book you read? As I said I LOVE to read any and everything, though now with training, work, and kids I don't get to do it as often as I'd like the last thing I read was the Fifty Shades series and loved it ;)

11. What trend are you currently loving? Chevron stripes... on everything! 



And these were the Questions from Eva:
 My questions for these wonderful people are:
1. What made you start blogging? I love reading blogs and found that it helped to inspire me and know that they are real people who struggle just like me. So I wanted to do the same and also to keep me accountable and have a place to connect with others going through the same thing as me.

2. Where is your ultimate dream vacation? I would love to go and travel Europe someday.

3. What is your favorite exercise accessory or equipment and why? Besides my running shoes I love the resistance band you can do a lot with that little thing in a small space.

4. Is there someone in your life, past or present, that you wish to model yourself after? Who and why? Well as I said Erin is my fitness model, but in life in general it would be my dad he is one of the most awesome people I know (besides my mom).  He came to America with almost nothing, speaking no English with a simple dream of living a better life and has totally accomplished that. He never let anything get in his way, and even when he failed he got right back up and gave it another try.
  
5. What is the stupidest thing you've ever done? Well it's kinda funny now but when the Hubs and I first got our own place we had a firepit in the backyard.  I was trying to be helpful and clean it out, I put all the ashes in a plastic trashcan and made it almost all the way through the house (to take it to the dumpster) when opening the front door it melted the can and fell on to the carpet burning a ginormous hole!!  Thank god The Hubs is handy and was able to "fix it".  LOL I'm still trying to live that one down.

6. If you could change career paths, what would you do? I would love to be a Full-time Photographer.

7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I would probably like to be a little closer to work.

8. What is your favourite kind of clothing you have? That would have to be Jeans.  I have always been a big girl and especially in High School way back when   I could never find jeans that were flattering or comfortable for that matter, so I was resigned to the fact that I would never wear them and always wore those god awful stretchy pants...Not anymore!

9. What is your favourite type of music, musician? I like all types of music (really I do) but right now I'm loving myself some The Lumineers and Mumford and Sons I HEART me some banjo ;)

10. Are you a morning person or a night hawk? (Or both like me!) I am a total early bird.  I am normally up before the sun on a rare occasion I'll sleep in on the weekends until 7 am.  Crazy I know.  But I consider those few hours in the AM when all is quiet my "me time".

11. What is your "red light" food? Something that if you had one bite it would send you into eating an entire bag full?.
That's an easy one PIZZA. I can never stop at just three one slice.

So there you have it folks everything you've always wanted to know about me but just didn't know it yet.  Thank you so much for reading I really do appreciate every single one of you and the motivation you give me.

Since this post is all ready pretty super long I will write another post on my nominations for this awesome award and it will give me some time to come up with a few questions :)


 

2 comments:

  1. What is Gangham Style and why am I so uncool?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh I can't believe you haven't seen Gangnam Style...It's a music video that this Korean Guy, PSY did and went crazy viral, they even play it on radio stations now. Here is the link to youtube it is so funny, but turns out it's a great running song :)
    http://youtu.be/9bZkp7q19f0

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love to read them and I respond to every one. If you have not gotten a response it is probably because you are a "no-reply" blogger and I am unable too.

You can fix it by going to your BLOGGER ACCOUNTS then click on your Dashboard, go to EDIT PROFILE and check mark SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, Then click save settings. This will allow you to get return comments :)

Popular Posts