5.21.2014

WiW... And The C Word!


I think I may have to give up the scale for a while.  It's so not moving and I always feel so redundant on WiW about not losing.  I am killing it in the food (have been on point in my calories and my macros) and exercise department (have stuck to the 500kal a workout burn) but that damn thing doesn't move or goes the wrong way. But on the up side I feel good!  I'm feeling strong and I think I see some changes in my muscles as itty bitty as they are.  So I think for the rest of this 4 week macro/weights challenge I gave myself I will not worry what the scale says and then re-evaluate after I do my measurements.   So after all that here are the numbers
I'm up 0.6 just over a half pound pfftt..... But TOM is also here so whatevs like I said I'll wait until and see what the tape measure says (two more weeks).

On a completely different note some of you may or may not know I was diagnosed with a desmoid tumor in October and it was removed in January, it is a rare but mild (if you can say that) type of cancer.  I am pretty lucky, though my type of cancer is rare it's pretty treatable.  There are many other types of cancer and did you know that May is National Cancer Research month.
 I was recently contacted by Heather Von St James she is a mesothelioma cancer survivor and this is a little bit of her story.
At age 36, just 3 ½ months after first and only child, Lily, was born, she was diagnosed with mesothelioma and given 15 months to live. Miraculously, she beat the odds and is still here eight years later.
Mesothelioma is considered one of the most aggressive and deadly cancers; most people are given just one year to live upon diagnosis. There is no known cure for mesothelioma and the future continues to look grim as attention to the disease as well as research funding continues to decline. The only known cause of ‘meso’ is exposure to asbestos, which is still not banned in the US. Sadly, it doesn’t look like asbestos will be banned anytime soon, as there is too much money being made by using this deadly mineral.
This is really scary especially because the Hubs is a HVAC contractor and works in attics and homes that are filled with asbestos. and to think that most people live in home with asbestos.
So please take a minute to check out this site that Heather and her husband blog for, the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance it has a ton of information about the disease, and asbestos.
Thank you so much!

Also linking up with the beautiful Liz over at Fitness Blondie and Amber at Fit Foodie Runs

14 comments:

  1. Ouch sorry about the gain. I had to give my scale the boot too. May not be a bad idea for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am officially with you, no more scale for a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/21/2014

    I've gone to measurements for now, but am too afraid of the tape at the moment. Sad, but true. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put down that scale! I always get motivated more by how I feel not what I weigh. Put it away for two weeks, eat according to your bellys hunger level..see how that goes. Numbers can be depressing. It doesn't tell you if you're building muscle or adding fat. It's stinky.

    Thank you for all this awesome info on cancer. I had no idea it was cancer month and yet my own father is fighting his own battle. I'm sure glad you won yours and I was able to meet you. (virtually at least!)

    Look forward to reading more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber I really am working on getting more in tune with how I feel as opposed to what the darn scale says. Wishing your dad all the luck!!

      Delete
  5. Good job... even if the scale isn't moving like you'd hope, you're doing great with your food and exercising. You're doing the right things to take care of your body... one of these days the scale will catch up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep doing it right :) That scale can be a big ole' pain in the arse!

      Delete
  6. Agree above with Amber, go by how you feel. If you are watching the diet, eat when you are hungry and avoid the stress and bored eating(that's my weakness) and keep killing it on the workouts! I measure myself because the scale is deceiving at times. I gained a pound over a month but when I measured I lost over 2 inches. keep on moving and thanks for the great info! Glad you have won your battle and advocate for others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG the bored eating is the worst! I just try to keep busy either working out playing with the kiddlet or crafting :) Great job on the 2 inches!

      Delete
  7. Mesotheleoma is horrible. It's hit my family hard.

    Sorry about the gain, but I agree with you, wait until next week and see what the tape measure says.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear they Winter, all my prayers to you. It really is scary that they don't ban asbestos, and it really is everywhere.

      Delete
  8. I gained too, hence no post today, just too unmotivated Uggh! What do I do :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to just keep doing it and making the better choices. It's freaking hard but it will pay off...At least it better right?

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love to read them and I respond to every one. If you have not gotten a response it is probably because you are a "no-reply" blogger and I am unable too.

You can fix it by going to your BLOGGER ACCOUNTS then click on your Dashboard, go to EDIT PROFILE and check mark SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, Then click save settings. This will allow you to get return comments :)

Popular Posts