5.14.2014

Weigh In Wednesday.... Macro What?


I am so damn frustrated...


Seriously I'm up again!  1.4 pounds.

I swear I am doing everything I can to get this scale to move, but it seems to be permanently stuck!
My eating has been spot on all week (the only hiccup would be the beer at the concert but I calculated them into my daily calories and I was still on target)  I've been working out 4-5 times a week.  
I really don't know what else to do at this point...except keep moving forward.
Even though I'm pissed to no end I need to just keep doing what I'm doing and hope it will all fall into place... and sooner rather than later would be nice.


I talked Monday about macronutrients.  It kinda started with The Plan.  On Friday when I got home the book I ordered had come. 

I think I heard about it from Heather at Half Size Me. It has some great information and a lot of science and numbers stuff but Lou Schuler has a way of writing that made it really semi easy to wrap my brain around.

So macronutrients are three major things that the human body needs in order to function properly: carbohydrates, protein, and fat. So what I'm doing is is pretty much keeping those three things in a certain percent. I want  40% of my daily calories and nutrients to come from carbs, 30% from protein and 30% from fat.  **this is a very basic/simple explanation I am just starting this to see if it works for me.  I am in no way an expert/doctor/anyone who knows anything.**
I am using the myfitnesspal pie chart to keep track.



I am still going to keep doing my weekly goals and hopefully things will progress.  And I will work on practicing what I should be doing and take my measurements and focus less on the scale I tell myself this all the effing time but I always fall back to scale watching it's like a drug no lie.


Measurements for May
Bust - 35.5"
Waist -34.5"
Hips - 44.5" (these hips don't lie haha )
Bicep - 12.5"
Thigh - 23.75"


I'm going to follow the plan for at least a whole month and retake measurements
and see what's up.  I just need something to tell me that all this hard work is paying off!!


What are some of the ways you know your making progress? 

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes the number on the scale doesn't change but my clothes fits better and that's how I can tell my body continues to change.

    What scale do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have one I got off amazon, what I really want to do is go and get my body fat tested in one of those water tank things :)

      Delete
  2. I definitely go by measurements and how my clothes fit when my scale is telling me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't have a good weigh-in. Just keep pushing forward!

    I hope you can stop by and visit:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/05/weigh-in-wednesday-51414-week-5.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colletta, I'll try and I will definitely be stopping by
      :)

      Delete
  4. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to my macros, but I think it's a great idea...especially if you seem to be stuck. Sorry about the gain, I hope you have better luck this week.

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes changing things up can help move a stuck scale.

    Good luck and stick with it - it will move at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been at a plateau for 2 months now. My clothes are fitting better but that daggone scale isn't moving! I say we throw away all scales! I hope you get the scale moving in the right direction for you and then send me some good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plateaus or small gains are just part of the journey. Keep weighing in each week but also take your measurements and gauge how your clothes are fitting. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would also try changing up your exercise regiment and possibly how/what you are eating. Our bodies often get comfortable with what we are doing and go stagnant. We need to shock them. For instance, I skate about 3 days week for 1.5 to 2 hours a time and even if my eating is spot on, I don't lose weight. I have been skating for almost 3 years so my body is so used to it that it does nothing for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love to read them and I respond to every one. If you have not gotten a response it is probably because you are a "no-reply" blogger and I am unable too.

You can fix it by going to your BLOGGER ACCOUNTS then click on your Dashboard, go to EDIT PROFILE and check mark SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, Then click save settings. This will allow you to get return comments :)

Popular Posts