- On Saturday the hubs woke up biting at the bit for an adventure, wait...what.. Ok let's go. I jumped at it
I love hubs but the man is a homebody so when he gets a bug up his butt I just go with it.Oh crap the dog! That's right, we have one of those now well poop... Grammie to the rescue we put in a call and dropped Dobby of on our way to the Queen Mary.
|can you tell she's excited|
- Can I tell you I've lived in SoCal all my life and have probably been to long beach about 7 times and 6 of those in the last 5 months lol. This time we went to the Queen Mary but actually stayed overnight. It was so cool, and a bit spooky some parts of it are said to be haunted (but we didn't tell DQ that ) and at night it was a bit eerie. They had this special thing going on called CHILL Its a huge ice/snow theme park. It had HUGE ice sculptures from the nutcracker, an ice skating rink, ice tubing, and other odds and ends.
- DQ really wanted to try ice skating and I was totally up for it! My birthday being in February every year from 9-12 years old I had an ice skating party at the local rink. Look at this SoCal girl trying to get some winter even then. I swear I was born in the wrong part of the country. So we laced up and off we went. Have to admit I haven't done it in probably 15 years and was a bit shaky at first but just like riding a bike it came back. I couldn't believe it DQ turned out to be a natural this girl just took off with only a few minor spills, so much that we went back this morning before we left. So much better there was no one there and we had the ice to ourselves.
- It was such a great weekend and I didn't go overboard on my "cheat" day. I did indulge but did not go crazy, though I did think about the fried Oreos they had I decided it really wasn't worth it "just to have because I could" so I didn't and instead I enjoyed a great dinner that was a
fewlot more calories that I would normally get and included a totally girly fufu drink.
- Sunday is normally a run day for me so I hit up the ships fitness center. It was really tiny but nobody else was there so no worries. I hopped on the treadmill it was neat all touch screen and fancy like. There was "Say Yes to the Dress" playing on it but I really didn't watch I prefer to listen to my music. The controls were set to km so I have no idea what my pace was but I worked up a good sweat and ran 3.5km (I'm guessing close to 2 miles). It was also pretty neat that they had some of the original equipment on display.
|getting warmed up at trying to figure out this fancy thing. I did average a 6.9 km ??|
What did you do this weekend?