12.08.2014

Cookie Monster

This weekend was our annual cookie baking party.  The Grammies, me, my girls and Auntie Bible (a friend and the bible teacher at work so DQ has always called her that) and in the last two years Carrie (who couldn't make it this time) have gotten together to spend all day baking up a storm of Christmas goodies.  

It has been a wonderful tradition that is going 6 years strong now.  The funny thing is the Grammies and Auntie Bible don't bake lol.  I didn't know this when I started it but they all try once a year for me and it so much fun and something crazy always seems to happen. Like one year Grammie C was making rice Krispie treats and just poured in the cereal and marshmallows in all together and made a big burning clump of crispy Krispies.

 
TaTa making some Oreo Truffles yumm...

Auntie Bible and Grammie J make the famous PB Blossoms.
 
and since there was so many cookies happening and of course we had to do some quality control and taste (just a few) TaTa and I decided that between every  batch coming out of the oven, or any waiting time (there were 4 of us using one oven) we would go in the backyard and run, squat, lunge, to the fence and back...that fence was far).  I even got in all 10,000 steps.

We are doing high knees here :) 
 
Then we always exchange small gifts.  This year I made every one a personalized cup.
 
and Auntie Bible gave us the most snuggly blankets ever!!

 
Linking up with Healthy Diva Eats and Life of Meg





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love to read them and I respond to every one. If you have not gotten a response it is probably because you are a "no-reply" blogger and I am unable too.

You can fix it by going to your BLOGGER ACCOUNTS then click on your Dashboard, go to EDIT PROFILE and check mark SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, Then click save settings. This will allow you to get return comments :)

Popular Posts