No Turkey in Arizona...

So we were suppose to be in Arizona for turkey day and well.....

That didn't happen.....

We were all packed and ready to go 5am on Wednesday morning off we went only to get about 30 miles from home when my car went crazy AGAIN!!! wtf?  So here comes the tow truck (and a call to TaTa to come get us).

Waiting for TaTa and very sad we are not going to Arizona .

Here she comes to save the day!

We were hoping against hope that The Hubs could fix it and we would still make it.... That was a big fat NOPE.  As I type the car is still sitting in the driveway waiting for a part that once again we are "hoping" will fix it.  Ugg I have had the worst freaking luck with cars lately my entire life.

Well luckily all was not ruined my mom was hosting a big thanksgiving for the whole family at her new place, so we hitched a ride with my Pops and step mom (yes you read that right my parents have been divorced almost 20 years and are the best of friends very weird I know but it totally works).  

But before that I started out my day with my 6 miler I was very excited and nervous all at the same time that would be the longest I have ever run.  I woke up early like real early 4:30am (I think the nerves got me) so I just relaxed woke up watched a little T.V had some coffee and my usual pre-morning run breakfast of half a peanut butter sandwich and a banana.  I waited a while to make sure I wasn't going to have to use the potty where would I  and since I didn't have a car (and didn't want to wake anyone to use theirs I just took off from the house.  I went straight down the road and just ran no other goal in my head except to finish and burn calories for some Pie!  Yes Pie was my total motivation well that and yes to brag that I had run 6 miles that morning.  I know I know, but it was all good bragging. My whole life I have been a couch potato and always being yelled at to "go outside and play"  so now when I tell my dad about my activities he is just so darn proud and I love that!   

 Let me tell you that was the BEST run I have ever had!!! I don't know what it was but I felt like I could run forever...it totally had to be the runners high and to top it off it was the best pace for me ever to. I did 6.25 mile at a 12'27" pace YAY ME! 

Yes I am laying on the dirty ground...when I finally stopped
all the gas sputtered out  :)
After my run I was a bit worried how my legs and knees would feel the rest of the day. So I decided to try an Ice Bath, but not just any old ice bath I went full on lol, actually I was just lazy the tub was dirty so I just jumped ok sat in the freezing pool. It was flippen cold but I think it worked my knee was just a tad twingy that day but otherwise I felt great and my legs were all normal like the next day too, so this may be the thing to do after my long runs.

DQ and I on our way to Mom's house 

The whole family minus TaTa & Boyfriend they left early to brave
Grey Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love to read them and I respond to every one. If you have not gotten a response it is probably because you are a "no-reply" blogger and I am unable too.

You can fix it by going to your BLOGGER ACCOUNTS then click on your Dashboard, go to EDIT PROFILE and check mark SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, Then click save settings. This will allow you to get return comments :)

Popular Posts